Saturday, January 01, 2005

Things I'll wish I listened to; part 2

And another thing:

When you get engaged, it's a good idea to just focus on three things first:

  1. Being engaged.
  2. Finding a wedding location.
  3. Finding a reception location.

Don't be like me and try to plan the entire ceremony and reception in 5 days. Just don't.

No matter how much your Fiance tells you "we have to do this now!" forget about the other details. Bridesmaids, groomsmen, caterers...just don't worry about it. Don't sweat it. There's enough worry to last you throughout your entire engagement, and to go around to your entire circle of friends.

You'll save a lot of problems, like:

  • Having to 'slap [friends] in the face' because they aren't bridesmaids;
  • Having dress problems up-front
  • Having your mother get pissed off because you're considering other persons in the wedding besides the ones she likes
  • Having your mother pissed off because she can't invite everyone she wants to (repeat for fathers and families-in-law)
  • Awkward introductions between different sets of friends
  • And Much, Much More!

I wish I could take back asking people to be anything. I wish I could just go back to the first day I was engaged and be happy without worrying myself into a tizzy over this stuff. I wish I'd had time to just sit and call my Fiance my Fiance, and cuddle and fantasize about our life together, instead of having this major Wedding thing in front of us to pull off.

But I can't. But there won't be any dress shopping or any more Bridesmaid Talk until the venues are picked and settled. Then I'll move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home