Tuesday, October 16, 2007

He hate me

I'm writing this after having been banished from the den. E:60 (new ESPN show) was highlighting this story about a Miami high school football program who ignored the sexual abuse of a 14 year old girl by students.

The principal was indicted for professional misconduct. The 14 year old victim has tried to commit suicide twice and is in a psychiatric hospital. The 19 year old who had sex with her in a school bathroom is at a Mississippi university on an athletic scholarship. His teammates think "the girl was wrong".

I think, "Why do these black boys hate us so much?"

Again.

But then I turn on the radio and hear some young guy talking about getting [head] in the front seat of the Hummer. And I remember.

It's because they have no reason to love us. They aren't taught that we are anything more than caregivers and willing orifices. Their role models don't value us at all. Our beauty is nowhere to be found, except in the Caucasianized versions of Berry and Knowles. The video caricatures teach young girls their worth, and the only three-dimensional aspect worth noting are breasts and buttocks. So Doppelganger girls desperately shake it in the clubs show what they can walking down the street, silently begging for attention they don't know how to get any other way. Nobody's taught them, and certainly the boys haven't been taught they deserve -- or need -- any better. And they wind up in bathrooms with boys who are all too willing to take them up on what they're unwittingly offering.

And they don't even see it as taking advantage, because they don't even consider us as having feelings, much less worth protecting.

I wonder about the football player at the university. Wasn't he raised by a black woman? What did she have to say about the matter, I wonder? What will she say if her son goes to the pros and marries a white, asian, or hispanic woman? What can she possibly say? How can she blame him, when she didn't teach him respect for his own women? When she didn't tell him that manhood isn't gained from taking advantage of others' weaknesses?

Stuff like this makes me want to not have children. What do I tell my daughter when she realizes the worth I and her father place on her is not equal to that a black man will? What do I tell my son when his friends talk about how they can dog women? Black love is dying, and honestly? I think this next generation of Black men will be the ones to perform the coup de grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home