Wednesday, April 11, 2007

open letter

I'd forgotten I wrote this, but it seems...relevant somehow. Read at your own risk, of course. I tend to get TMI sometimes.


Apparently the Love Jones soundtrack, rain, getting off work early, and certain memories don't mix. Because they make me think of asking you things I know I shouldn't. They make me want to be brave and come in the door, kiss you senseless, and getting naked. I have this vision of us, a la Sanaa Lathan and Taye Diggs in Brown Sugar, or Sanaa Lathan and dude in Something New, all breathless and open-mouthed kisses. Not the pecks we give each other and I grew used to because you use too much tongue.

But I won't, because it's apparent I can't drive you senseless, and I'd feel too heavy on top of you, anyway, were we to fall to the floor or couch, etc., and you'd probably tell me I had a wedgie before I came through the door.

So I'm going to change the CDs in my car until the rain lets up, and just call myself the coward that I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home