Friday, April 07, 2006

The body beautiful

There are lots of things I love about this dress, and one thing I hate.

I love the bold color, the softness of the line, the sensuousness of it. This isn't a sundress, or something you'd honestly want to wear to a wedding -- unless you want to be hated by the bride and her friends for outshining her. A garden party, perhaps, with a wide-brimmed hat -- but only if you've got your eye on the hostesses' cute cousin (or if you're naughy, her brother), or an outdoor cocktail party somewhere exotic like belize.

The one thing I hate about this dress is that it isn't for me.


It's made for twentysomething girls with long limbs and high, firm breasts that will create the requisite inviting globes of flesh above the petal shaped bodice. It's made for someone with flowing hair and a throaty laugh, someone who has never weighed over 130 lbs and who has never had a problem with chafing thighs or poochy tummy. (i mean *really* poochy, not those idiots who think a little skin is a flaw).

I'd buy this dress, put it behind glass, and in my old age (i.e. in about 3 more years), gaze at it longingly while I sit in my sweatpants with wine stains and Milano cookie crumbs dribbled down the front, dreaming of a time when, had I not been so foolish and fearful, I could have been that kind of woman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is that dress from, I love it!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home