Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Open Letter to my Libido:

Dear Libido:

It was nice seeing you the other day. You seemed well-rested, content -- and was I mistaken, or did you get a little sun? And the timing couldn't have been better -- husband uninterested (as usual), and just us to while away another afternoon reading and catching up.

And yesterday -- when you stopped by during my chat with A. -- coincidence? We both know you enjoy his company. Understandable. He's quite the worldly chap, isn't he? And a world-class flirt. I miss flirting; I know you do too. Nice to do it with someone who knows how -- and with whom you know nothing else is wanted or possible.

I know you're probably on your way out, and I completely understand, but could I ask you a favor? Is there any way you could possibly stick around for my husband to meet you? I know I tried to introduce you before, and it went badly, and you don't really care much for him, but could you try? I tried before to get you to come when Tanya reccomended the Damiana, but I noticed you didn't return my phone calls. Maybe you were busy.

The thing is, I have a really long time with my husband, and I'm just miserable without you. I mean, when he scratches, the least I can do is have an itch, right? Sorry. That was crude. I'm trying to eat better and lose weight and not blame him for things beyond his control (lack of imagination, lack of interest in me as a complex woman and sexual being, not just Slot B into which Tab A is inserted, ambivalence towards anything resembling creativity).

What I'm saying is, if only for me...could you just come around a little more often? We could just talk, really. Write some stories. Play some music. Paint some stationery. Shop, if you'd like. I found a copy of the Little Brown Dress we tossed after that horrible debacle with Crazy George. Maybe you could come by and we can test drive it. Oh! and A. mentioned the hitachi's in stock; he reccomended it when I explained what happened with the other purchase we made from his shop. I'll let you know when I order it.

I won't keep you -- I know you're getting ready to go. Take care of yourself, and call, okay?

I'll miss you.

Love,

R.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home