Thursday, May 04, 2006

Breakfast at Tiffany's, not so much.

A revealing e-mail exchange with a fraquaintance*


From: J.
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:44 PM
To: R.
Subject: RE: Hey
Well in a few weeks you will have decorating to take up all your free time.
Have you thought of taking a class or starting a new program? I still think you would do great at the one I'm in. We're finally in the communications section. I have to write a critical analysis of "I Have a Dream".
____________________________


>>> "R. 5/3/2006 4:49:39 PM >>>
I think I might have to, for sanity's sake. Nobody tells you how BORING marriage is. Geez. It's like watching grass grow. And occasionally you'll see a flower or butterfly in the yard, or a bug you have to kill.
Otherwise...it's just yard.
__________________________________

From: J.
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:53 PM
To: r.
Subject: RE: Hey

What did you expect vs. what you actually have?

________________________________________

From: R.
to: J.
RE: Hey


I dunno.
More lovey dovey conversations and stuff. Massages. We're more like a well-run business. We function very well together. But we sort of (and this has a lot to do with our schedules and just how we are in general) pass each other a lot on the way to doing stuff --taking care of business.

________________________________________

From: J.
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:44 PM
To: r.
Subject: RE: Hey

So you envisioned Breakfast at Tiffanys but got Breakfast at IHOP. At least its not Breakfast at the Waffle House. LOL!!!!! Is it better on his days off? I'm sure a lot of it is schedule. Plus this is new for both of you. You still have to figure this whole marriage thing out.
________________________

There's a part of me that really wishes I'd just let the illusion that marriage is all hunky dory and we have fabulous sex all the time and do everything together and have this beautiful relationship ride. She's the type that will a)go out and spread any hint of gossip she finds to anyone who will listen -- ESPECIALLY if it's bad. this is the same woman who told the most unflattering stories of me AT MY BRIDAL SHOWER. b) she's always been something of an 'inyourface-r' when it comes to bringing stuff up and slapping you around with it -- preferrably to her advantage. She'll act all sympathetic and caring, only to slam you later with something you trusted her with.

So having the picture of the happy marriage was something, at least to make me look good -b ut i've managed to spin it so that it seems more like I'm being independent instead of having to do things on my own.

I wish we at least merited "Breakfast at the Original Pancake House". At least that's a nicer place. Any breakfasting at Tiffany's will be done on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home