Sunday, May 07, 2006

What where you shop says about you.

I just saw Anthropologie mentioned on two weight-loss/weight-themed blogs.

Why is that?

Personally, I think it's because they, like so many other stores, represent the sort of clothes women would like to wear, -- eclectic,'wish I had that sort of life' pieces that you can work into your wardrobr, and their sizes, like practically every other store, focuses only on the small and medium. So in a way, it IS sort of a holy grail. If you can shop there (or at Shopbop, or Girlshop, or Neiman Marcus....), then you're okay. You're still one of the Acceptable, fashion-wise. You can say, "Oh, this? I got this at Anthropologie."

Not mumble about it being on sale at Lane Bryant. Because only Fat Girls shop at Lane Bryant, no matter how interesting their ads look or how non-fat girl (this only happens one time out of a million) an article of clothing may be. Same goes for Ashley Stewart, who sort of tries to market it as Sexy/sassy fat girl, but fat anyway.

And nobody, as any man would tell you, likes fat chicks.*


*and I can say this, as I am one. Honestly, I think my husband is just doing the best he can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home