Thursday, February 10, 2005

My Ex is having my wedding.

The Ex (not THAT ex, the one I actually can still tolerate)and I talked last night about weddings and stuff.

We're cool like that.

Anyway, he makes the mistake of commenting about dresses and how it's so hard for women to buy dresses ("Too bad you just can't rent one, like a tux"), and I launched into my "The Wedding Industry is a Racket and Must Be Stopped" rant.

Then he says,
"That's why I just want a really simple wedding. Me in a nice black suit, my friends in their nice black suits, and her in a simple white dress, not necessarily a wedding dress, just something pretty."

And I got really quiet because he's going to have my wedding.

And I'm going to have this monstrous, ultra-traditional, boring as hell affair with me looking like a meringue.

Damnit.

I should've stayed with him just to have someone to agree about wedding stuff with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home