Saturday, April 30, 2005

Open letter to snotty bridal store in Augusta

Dear Snotty Bridal Salon In Augusta:
Thanks for making me feel like complete crap when i came into your store yesterday. I realize that as an overweight minority woman I deserved your scorn, especially since I am neither blonde nor skinny like your employees.
Thank you for bringing me back to reality and helping me realize that as such a woman, not only am I not really getting married (because, really -- who would want me?!), but I really shouldn't bother trying to look for a dress at all. What's the point? I'll still be fat and black and have "that hair" you kept staring at while I was trying in vain to get you to help me.
I am also in awe of your extrasensory perception, as you obviously know the contents of my savings accounts and investments to the point that you were already aware that the dresses in your shop not only "don't come in PLUS sizes", but they were out of my budget! It was so considerate of you to keep my finances in mind, especially since I am a complete stranger and lowly potential customer.
It is bridal salons like yours that have convinced me to simply wear a very nice, tailored white suit to my wedding, in part because most designers agree with you, and also to avoid futher troubling you and your ilk further. In an effort to spare you the tediousness of my business (and the business of those like me) I will not only not darken your door again, but I will be more than happy to pass along the message that we are not welcome in your establishment.
Thanks again, and I hope you find the business you are looking for,
Regenia

1 Comments:

Blogger Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

You should have actually sent this letter. It's great. Did it really make you so upset you misspelled your name? Or is "Regina" not the spelling?

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home