Sunday, October 22, 2006

In Sickness and in Health...

Today was our first anniversary.

We spent it downing hot tea, Mucinex, orange juice, slices of our wedding cake, vick's decongestant, and yet more tea and juice. In that order, if my drug-addled brain can remember correctly.

C. started sniffling on Friday, insisted he was fine, took some medicine, and in typical fashion, was hacking and barking and was bundled up in a quilt by Saturday morning. By saturday evening, I was sniffly and chilly, and thus the Great Medication Ingestion began.

I don't mind being sick. In fact, it's one of the few times I enjoy my body. Aches and pains never really bothered me much besides the physical discomfort. I like that my body can heal, and while it does, I enjoy the side effects: loss of appetite (I wish I felt this aversion to food all the time!) and sanctioned lethargy (nobody tells a sick person not to take a nap).

So...I'm still light-headed from the medicine, but I wont' be taking any more tonight. Know why? So I can encourage this cold to hang around for a bit. I could use a head start on the weight loss that will begin this week. (A car payment and the ensuing poverty ensures that I will no longer have money to toss on stuff like shoes and makeup. I've no idea what to do with myself or how to cope with the idea of no new clothes, as spoiled as it sounds.)

1 Comments:

Blogger K.C. said...

Hope you don't feel better and then, after a few pounds, feel better!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home